Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A&S 50 Challenge: new pattern


I haven't completely nailed down what I want to do for my A&S Challenge, but part of it will have to do with designing and making my own things, be they wood, textile, or scribal. I charted this pattern from a motif from the Goess vestments. I have not seen these in person, my resource was the pictures from this site:

http://rubens.anu.edu.au/raid4/austria/vienna/museums/angewandete_kunst_mak/textiles/goess_vestments_13thc/

First I drafted the pattern. Now I am working on an embroidered example. I did find some simple mistakes in my charted pattern by making up a sample.

I originally planned on posting this when it was finished but it has been a while since I posted last so I wanted to at least record what I am working on. It is spring and I am also very busy with my garden and working overtime when I can.

No comments: