Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm trying to tablet weave



I am learning to do cardweaving so I can finish my basketweave pouch. Here are the practice samples I made so far,all using cheap crochet cotton. I only had one pattern, for the blue and white sample from the class I went to. It is a really nice pattern but will be wider than what I am looking for. What I really need is patterns for some narrow trim and I am not happy with my efforts to just figure something out. The book I have has all these fancy patterns and brocade. That's like college level equivalent. I am looking for kindergarten. This is a work in progress.

I made a little progress with my scissors case. I really like it so far. Another work in progress...

2 comments:

Chris Laning said...

This may be a silly question, but are you sure it's not a fingerloop braid?

In any case, I highly recommend Phiala's String Page, which has a lot of useful resources for braiding, fingerloop braiding, tablet weaving and more. Her tablet weaving pages have several nice simple designs -- little diamonds, stripes, etc. -- that you could make as wide or narrow as you need.

Kathy Storm said...

Many nice narrow trims are fingerloop, but what I have in mind was tabletwoven (of course, I don't remember where I saw it). Besides, it has to be inkle or cardwoven because I like doing those; I do not enjoy fingerloop and I am also not good at it. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look!